Thursday, April 17, 2008

Personal Metaphor


Personal Metaphor Evaluation

In this project we were to decide on a metaphor that could be captured and illustrated through Photoshop. This metaphor was supposed to give portray a true feeling of ours. I chose the metaphor “I am a diamond in the rough….. Waiting for my time to shine!!!” I relate to this metaphor because I feel that I can accomplish so much in life but I still have so much more to see and do. I have so much more growing to do and all I have to do is keep pushing through and my time to excel will come. My expression in my work was supposed to depict me striving for my goals. My goals are to graduate from high school, to attend the University of Arizona and to just keeping climbing to the top throughout my course of life.
In my photo I placed a diamond being held in the middle of the screen in attempts for it to be my emphasis. Inside of the diamond I placed four images. The images were depicting what’s happening or getting ready to happen in my life. The first image is a picture of me looking up, this represents me looking ahead in life and looking forward to my future. The nest picture is a diploma. The diploma is something that I will be receiving in the near future that will enable me to accomplish my goal in the distant future. The third photo is a picture of a staircase; the staircase embodies the steps that I will take to prevail in my future. The last picture is a photo of the University of Arizona, this obviously represents where I will be headed in the near future as in next fall.
Honestly I feel that I had a good idea for my piece. I wish that I would’ve taken a little more time on it and really used all of the Photoshop skills that I’ve learned this past year. I feel that my concept was good and that overall I did a decent expressive piece.

1 comment:

ILLWILL said...

Christin very good job on this project I like the whole idea. The only thing that could of been done better is the picture is way too dark and hard to see so you should of brightened it up a tab!